Eco-Friendly Wiper Blades
Silicone Windshield Wiper Blades Are Eco-Friendly
Wiper blades may look similar once you remove the packaging, but what you may not know is that Silicone wiper blades are clearly a better choice for the environment compared to ordinary rubber blades. Silicone wipers not only decrease the amount of garbage thrown away each year, but they also conserve natural resources, save energy, and reduce the amount of landfill space used each year!
Facts about Ordinary Rubber Wipers:
- Organic squeegees CAN NOT be easily recycled
- It takes 8lbs of crude oil to make 1lb of organic rubber
- 3,138,767 lbs of wiper squeegee petroleum by-product waste is produced annually in the U.S.
- Globally, the annual amount of petroleum based wiper blade waste from organic rubber wipers is equivalent to 6 football fields covered by 1 foot of waste
- New vehicles come with ordinary rubber wipers …. And one of the highest warranty claims is for wiper replacements. Often, the wipers are already performing badly off of the dealership lot due to degradation from temperature and U.V.
Facts about Silicone Wipers:
- Silicone wipers are biodegradable, durable and fully recyclable
- Silicone wipers perform for many years – oftentimes for the life of your car! This means very few ever end up in a landfill and if they do, they do not leech - they eventually break down into sand once again.
- Silicone rubber is not a petroleum based product, in fact, it consumes ZERO gallons of oil while being manufactured
- Silicone is recyclable.